Thursday 5 April 2012

The End of an Era

I finally got another mini finished, the original White Dwarf this time, which is a significant event in itself.

Grombrindal Mk1
Even more significant though, is the fact that this is the final miniature I will paint with the current range of Citadel paints. Chaos black, skull white and a whole host of other colours have been with me since I started painting miniatures nigh on 25 years ago, and I'll be sad to see them go. But having had a bit of a play with the new paint range it seems an improvement in almost every way, so I'm excited to start using XV-88, The Fang, Leadbelcher and all of the other weirdly named colours.

Expect to see the results and hear my thoughts on the new paints soon.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice paintjob! Looking forward to your thoughts on the new paints, I'm sceptical due to the price (£3.50 here in Sweden).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skarsnik,

    He's painted perfectly, but I don't think he's the "original" White Dwarf. I think he's "SS6 - White Dwarf Personalities"; I think the first White Dwarf was "FS17 The White Dwarf".

    Regardless, your model is far superior to the FS17.

    ReplyDelete